You need to upgrade your flash player, click here.

Timeline.

  • 1930 | Panayiotis C. Orinos started a small, one-man importing business, mainly dealing with textiles, in Pygmalionos Street in Nicosia.
  • 1948 | The company started importing inks and then paints from Sadolin Danmark.
  • 1969 | A second shop dedicated to paints is opened at Pallouriotissa, which still is operating today.
  • 1973 | A factory is built in Mia Milia and begins local production of paints under license from Sadolin Denmark.
  • 1974 | After the Turkish invasion to Cyprus, the factory remains in the occupied by the Turkish troops area and another factory is built in Strovolos to continue with the production of paints. At the same time a second factory is built nearby, Sadofoss, for the production of glue. In the same year a new shop is opened in Shandecler, Nicosia dedicated to graphic arts products.
  • 1975 | A new shop opens in Limassol (Ayia Zoni).
  • 1977 | A new shop opens in Larnaka (Makarios avenue).
  • 1978 | A new shop opens in Paphos (centre).
  • 1981 | A new modern factory is built at Strovolos industrial area and a new shop opens at Paralimni.
  • 1982 | Two new shops open at Limassol (close to the harbour)
  • 1983 | Two new shops open at the new headquarters building, one for paints and another for graphic arts product lines.
  • 1986 | A new shop opens at Nicosia (Strovolos).
  • 1989 | A new shop opens in Limassol dedicated to graphic arts.
  • 1991 | Two new shops open, one in Larnaka dedicated to graphic arts and another at Paphos (Evagora Pallikaridi).
  • 1993 | A new shop opens at Aradippou.
  • 1998 | After a major restructuring, the divisions of home appliances and consumer goods are phased out, and distribution centres are set up in N icosia and Limassol.
  • 1999 | A distribution centre in Larnaka and a new shop in Nicosia (Latsia).
  • 2001 | The small central shop at Paphos closes down,